The world’s richest people – they are people we hear of all the time, but who are they? The article looks into how wealthy people typically amass their wealth and what their net worth is.
Who are the World’s Richest People?
The richest people in the world are a diverse bunch. They come from all corners of the globe and have pulled themselves up by their bootstraps, whether through inheritance or hard work. Here is a look at the ten wealthiest people in the world as of 2018, according to Forbes:
1. Bill Gates- Founder of Microsoft and one of the richest men in the world with a net worth of $88.3 billion.
2. Warren Buffet- CEO of Berkshire Hathaway and one of the wealthiest people in the world with a net worth of $82.8 billion.
3. Jeff Bezos- Founder and CEO of Amazon, one of the wealthiest people in the world with a net worth of $150 billion.
4. Mark Zuckerberg- Co-founder and CEO of Facebook, one of the wealthiest people in the world with a net worth of $71 billion.
5. Carlos Slim Helu- Mexican entrepreneur and investor who has a net worth of $72.5 billion.
6. Larry Ellison- Co-founder and CEO of Oracle, one of the wealthiest people in the world with a net worth of $54 billion.
7. Michael Bloomberg- Mayor Bloomberg
What Makes a Person Wealthy?
There is no single answer to this question, as wealth is defined differently by each individual. However, some key factors that typically contribute to a person’s wealth include financial assets, such as stocks, real estate, and bonds; business ownership; intellectual property; and other intangible assets. Additionally, some people are born into wealthy families or have inherited their wealth, while others have made their money through successful entrepreneurial ventures. In any case, it is important to note that wealth is not static – it can change over time as well.
The Richest People in Each Country
The world’s wealthiest people are as diverse as the countries in which they reside. There are a few consistent trends, however. For example, many of the richest people in the world are self-made billionaires. Secondly, a high percentage of Forbes’ 2016 list of the world’s billionaires are from countries in North America (29 percent), Europe (26 percent), and Asia Pacific (24 percent). And finally, although there is considerable wealth disparity between countries, the top 20 wealthiest people on the 2016 list have an estimated net worth of $2.7 trillion combined. Below is a table that compares the 20 wealthiest people in each country as of Forbes’ 2016 list of the world’s billionaires. Country Name Estimated Net Worth (in USD) China Wang Jianlin 1,200,000,000 United States Donald Trump 845,000,000 France Hugues de Chardin 650,000,000 UK David and Charles Barclay 600,000,000 Russian Federation Roman Abramovich 530,000,000 Germany Stefan Karl Thomas 505,400,000 India Mukesh Ambani 473,600,000
The world’s wealthiest people are no longer limited to those from wealthy countries. With the growth of globalization and the digital age, more and more people are becoming millionaires, billionaires, and even multi-millionaires. This list includes some of the richest people in the world as well as some who have made their fortunes through nontraditional methods. So whether you’re looking for inspiration or just want to learn a little bit more about these incredibly successful individuals, read on!
Read More worlds richest people